Common Types of Sleep Disorders
Sleep disorders affect a huge number of people, and they come in all varieties. Some are caused by physical or hereditary factors, others by environmental and residential influences. All disorders that lead to a deficiency of sleep can result in the same risks, no matter what the disorder is. All sleep disorders can possibly result in serious health problems like a higher risk for stroke, obesity, heart disease and certain types of cancer. Consistently losing sleep will also lead to an increased need for sleep and less mental agility, which can become a difficult, never-ending cycle.
Common Sleep Disorders
- Sleep Apnea
- Insufficient Sleep Disorder
- Restless Leg Syndrome
Controlling Your Sleep
Certain sleep disorders may require a visit to the doctor and medication to be completely remedied. However, you can take certain actions and precautions to make sure you are getting the best night’s sleep possible. There are three main factors you can control when it comes to battling a sleep disorder. Managing your environment, creating a routine and supplementing with the ideal mattress and sleep aid devices can increase your odds of sleeping through the night.
Creating and maintaining a sleep routine is the first step in combating sleep disorders.
- Go to bed and get up at the same time each night and morning, even on the weekends.
- Allow yourself 7 to 9 hours of sleep a night.
- Avoid napping, but if you must take a nap, limit it to 30 minutes or less.
- Make sure your bedroom is dark, cool and quiet.
- Minimize extra noises and distractions by leaving unnecessary electronics and screens outside your bedroom.
- Save your last meal of the night for at least 3 hours before you go to bed.
- Always consult a doctor before taking any sleeping pills, in certain cases, they can hinder your sleep rather than help it.
- A non-toxic, therapeutic mattress can relieve pressure points, prevent tossing and turning and do wonders for your sleep and overall health.
Therapeutic Mattresses and Sleep Genius Technology
A sleep study conducted at Stanford Sleep Disorders Center (the first US sleep clinic) by Dr. Robert Troell, MD, FACS researched sleep patterns while subjects tested mattresses from Select Comfort, Tempurpedic, and Intellibed. The study found that our gel Intellibed mattress provided the most efficient sleep of the three. All of our Intellibed mattresses and toppers contain Gel Matrix™, a patented, medical-grade Gel Matrix™ that provides support and comfort in a way no other mattress can. This makes Intellibed the best mattress for sleep disorders.
In addition to our innovative mattresses, we offer the Sleep Genius Systems in both a headphone and speaker option. The sleep genius system was developed by NASA to help astronauts sleep in space. Scientifically composed music eases your brain into natural sleep rhythms using neurosensory algorithms, multi-band binaural beats, pink noise and psychoacoustic music. What does all this mean? That you can fall asleep easier, sleep deeper and wake up refreshed. There are options for an ergonomic sleep headphone set or speakers for delivering sleep genius technology in the way that best suits your lifestyle. Take a step toward ending your sleep disorder and browse our therapeutic mattresses and Sleep Genius devices.