First examine your sleeping area.
- Do you have a quality mattress?
- Is your sleep area quiet and dark?
- Do you create a hard sleeping area with a TV or radio on?
Too much noise, light or activity going on, in, or around your sleep area is going to make it more difficult for you to get to sleep and stay asleep at night.
Next get a good evening and bedtime routine.
Create for yourself a noise-free, quiet and comfortable sleeping area. Move the TV and radio out of the bedroom. Keep your bedroom quiet, dark, and cool. Use curtains or blinds to block out the light.
- Do you go to bed at the same time every night?
- Do you wake up at the same time each morning?
- Are you exercising before bed?
Create healthy activities during the day
What you do during the day can affect how well you sleep at night. You should take steps to ensure you get a healthy sleep. Don’t drink or eat anything that has caffeine in it, such as coffee, tea, cola, and chocolate. Try to start doing these few tips and see if your sleep improves. Share your experiences with us by joining the conversation on Facebook, tweet #Intellibed on Twitter or any other Intellibed social network. Thank you for helping Intellibed perfect the science of sleep.